Coronavirus - COVID-19
On March 12, 2020, Governor Whitmer announced the mandatory closing of all Michigan K-12 public and private schools, effective Monday, March 16th through Sunday, April 5th to slow the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan. Area local districts and the EUPISD have been in close contact with Chippewa, Luce and Mackinac Health Departments, and the Governor's Office.
We understand that this will be a hardship for all involved: students, parents, staff and community. We will continue to work together to find solutions for several issues, such as ongoing learning, meals and support for students, and internet connectivity. We will communicate those plans as we know them. All districts have agreed that the buildings will be closed to all activities, including sporting practices, during this mandatory closing.
You've heard it a lot, but it's worth repeating - the best prevention for viruses, such as influenza, the common cold or COVID-19 is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home and avoid contact with others.