MiSTEM Network Advisory Council Grant Program
The MiSTEM Network Advisory Council Grant program provides high quality opportunities for teachers, students, and regional partners. The focus of this work is to support MiSTEM pillars by empowering teachers and students while making connections to business, industry and community partners. Anyone interested in Advisory Council Grant opportunities should contact Kevin St. Onge (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julie Coneset (email@example.com) for more information.
The 2020-2021 MiSTEM Advisory Council Grant will provide the following opporutnities within the EUP MiSTEM Region:
Cereal City Science - Programming will begin in the summer of 2021 (more information coming soon)
- Spring grade 8 Earth Science unit purchase, installation, and professional learning (Virtual). High school teachers are welcome to attend middle school workshops as we work to make connections between MS and HS.
- Summer Teacher Leader Corps and Facilitator Training
- Fall 2021 K-5 Elementary Science PLC using Life Science
- School year 2021-22 begin purchase and installation of MS Life Science Units. Details will be released as we work with Cereal City on logistics
- Additional sessions to bridge to High School using 3P learning and Computer Science using ArcGIS, and Sage Modeler
Computer Science Scholarships for Elementary, Middle School and High School Teachers
Through the MISTEM Network Advisory Council Grant program, EUP teachers have scholarships available for Computer Science professional learning through our partnership with Code.org. See details including registration information at the MiCoding webpage.
Middle School CS Discoveries and High School CS Principles Opportunities:
Elementary CS Fundamentals Opportunities:
Place Based Learning
- We are working with The Lake Superior State University Center for Freshwater Research and Education (CFRE) and Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative to do a Summer Institute for Place-Based learning, which will include our current projects with CFRE’s MiWaterNet.