REMC SAVE is provided as a service of the REMC Association of Michigan for all Michigan schools. The Project provides large volume contracts for a variety of educational resources. By using REMC SAVE contracts, Michigan schools have saved more than $1 billion since 1990. Every dollar saved through REMC SAVE today is one more dollar to invest in instruction tomorrow.
Save schools both time and money by providing bids compliant with the Michigan Revised School Code, allowing schools to buy without bidding.
- Conduct a bid process compliant with state bidding law.
- Provide easy access to information and resources from awarded vendors or manufacturers.
- Award products based on specifications, price, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide manufacturer and vendor contact information.
- Utilize quality standards to ensure compatibility with school needs and networks.
- Provide schools with statewide volume prices regardless of order size.
- Contract pricing cannot increase for the duration of the contract.
- Catalog discount percentages cannot decrease for the duration of the contract.
The legislation that established REMCs (Michigan Compiled Laws Act 451 Section 380.671), and State Board of Education Rules, enable REMCs to bid on behalf of local school districts and also provide local school districts with the authority to purchase using REMC contracts. All items and vendors are awarded through a sealed bid process by the REMC SAVE Bid Project and approved by the REMC Association.
- Device Purchasing: April 13, 2022 - September 30, 2022
- Supplies, Furniture & Technology: January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2022
- Copy Paper: June 1, 2022 - November 30, 2022
- Copy Paper: December 1, 2021 - May 31, 2022
- Computers & Networking: July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2024
- Software and Digital Services: July 1, 2021- June 30, 2024
Source: REMC SAVE