What does my 3% provide?
The ultimate goal of the EUP Connect Collaborative is to create a twenty-first century broadband infrastructure throughout the Eastern Upper Peninsula to provide cyber security protection for all residents, businesses, utilities, governmental units, and institutions.
- 1 GBps fixed broadband to the premise of every e911 service address in each of the three counties by 2025
- 25/3 Mbps minimum mobile broadband coverage of all geographic square miles in each of the three counties by 2025
Services you can expect for your 3% allocation
- The advantage of pooled resources from all EUP Counties and Townships
- Technology experts from the EUPISD who will oversee the project for the entire three county area
- Cost analysis from “curbside” to source
- Frequent updates on the status the project
- Instruction on Master Plan Language to ensure your organization is in compliance to receive any additional funds
- Area-wide leverage to make sure everyone in your area (County, Township, School, Business, Tribe, Midical Facility, Private Residence) gets access to broadband
- The advantage of fundraising via philanthropic organizations and community service agencies
- The benefit of grant writing assistance
- The benefit of knowing that highly qualified people are looking out for the best interests of all
- Access to educational programs that ensure high quality service to all communities
- Representation on the EUP Connect Collaborative Board
- A “Guard Dog” team that will keep each competitor for local service honest
- Continuous collection and sharing of data to measure progress toward implementation
- Financial accountability with allocated funds
- Assistance with marketing to your community
- Technical assistance to your community
What is not included in my 3%?
- Free broadband services
- Individual connection costs