VPN Access to District Network
$150 per user per year ( July 1 - June 30)
District Superintendent or appointed designee must authorize any VPN access. Appointed designee must be documented in VPN log and verified with Superintendent yearly.
Process for Staff Member Access
- District Superintendent requests VPN access by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with Authorization Form attached.
- Help Desk creates a ticket and assigns to Tier 4 support technician.
- Tier 4 support technician adds user to the appropriate Security Group and reassigns ticket to Help Desk or on-site technician.
- Help Desk or on-site technician installs VPN client for user.
Process for Vendor Access
Vendor access is to be enabled on a temporary basis only - not to exceed 72 hours per occurance.
- Vendor requests VPN access by calling the Help Desk at 906-632-5673. If no answer, leave a voicemail.
- Tier 4 support technician contacts District Superintendent or designee for authorization.
- Tier 4 support technician enables access for up to 72 hours, contacts vendor to acknowledge action, and completes an entry in the VPN Access Log.