CHAMPS (Conversation, Help, Activity, Movement, Participation, Success)
- CHAMPS is an acronym for a classroom management approach that is positive and procedural
- CHAMPS is an evidence based appraoch to classroom management geared for students grades Pre-K-8
- CHAMPS is a Positive Behavior Interventions Supports (PBIS) at the classroom level
- CHAMPS is NOT a canned program. Teachers can make it fit their personal management style
- Discipline in the Secondary Classroom is specifically written for the secondary level
Conversation - Can students talk during the activity?
Help - How should students ask for help?
Activity - What is the activity?
Movement - Are students allowed to get up and move around the classroom during the activity?
S = Success
For more information on CHAMPS, contact Stacey Miller.