Student Leadership Activities
Enrollment in a Career Center Class is the gateway to participate in the various student leadership activites available.
- HOSA: Available to students in Health Sciences- Provides assistance to the American Red Cross and U.P. Blood Services. HOSA members actively volunteer in the community at various organizations and hold several fundraisers to help support competition costs and charities donation. HOSA students compete at the regional, state, and national level competition.
- Business Professionals of America (BPA): Available to students in BMMT Classes- BPA is a state recognized youth organization for business students. The group is involved in school and community activities. There are over 50 contests for students to compete in. The regional competition is held in Escanaba, MI and from there the state competition is held in Grand Rapids, MI and lastly the national competition is held in various locations across the country.
- Skills USA: Available for all construction Tech Students- This organization allows students to compete with other Skills USA groups in various catagories such as carpentry, electrical, and masonry. Students compete in regional competitions in the hope of qualifying for the Skills USA State competition held in Grand Rapids, MI.
- First Robotics: Available to all High School and Career Center students- This team provides srudents the opportunity to work on designing and building a robot that is used in competitons at the regional and national levels. The robot is built to perform functinos that the national organization requires which vary each year. Students gain many skills along the way through competition.
- Michigan Indsutrial Technology and Education Society (MITES): Available to students in Drafting and Design, Welding, Machine Tool, and Woodworking- This organization has regional and state competition for class projects that students choose to enter at the regional level. winning projects at the regional level advance to staate competition. Student scholarships are also available.
Last Modified on January 5, 2024