Ongoing assessment is a multi-faceted and continual process as our region strives to accurately measure and assess the:
- Educational eligibility of students who are potentially on the spectrum
- Quality of the educational programming for our students on the spectrum
- Universal Supports Assessments and Plannint Tool (USAPT): This involves the implementation of classroom or building-level evidence-based supports and strategies. These strategies are considered critical for the vast majority of students with ASD and have been identified as highly-effective practices in teaching and supporting students with ASD in integrated environments.
- Classroom Environment and Teaching Assessment Tool: The Classroom Environment and Teaching Assessment (CETA) tool assesses the implementation of evidence-based classroom practices that provide a solid foundation for learning for students with ASD.
- Individual Student Data Collection
- The EUPISD uses the "Systematic Assessment System - Autism" (SAS-A) to assess student skill level in the areas of basic learning, communication, social, and pre-academic areas. To obtain the too, please contact Carrie Carr (email@example.com).
- Individual Student Data Collection Forms: The Individual Student Data Collection Forms provide an efficient system to evaluate student performance through data collection and analysis all in one form. The three areas targeted are Independence, Engagement, and Social Interaction since these behaviors have a significant impact on the quality of life for students with ASD.